The degree coordinator will monitor students in the completion of their portfolios and make contact with their employers as deemed necessary to ensure successful work experience. Each student will develop a professional quality portfolio and deliver a presentation at the end of the semester. In addition, a standardized business competency test will be completed.
- Prepare a career portfolio which includes the following:
- analysis of organizational, technical and interpersonal skills learned in the classroom and utilized in the workplace;
- reflection on the connection between classroom and practical work experience; and
- evidence from the work experience demonstrating competence in the eight learning outcomes:
- client services;
- cross cultural teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- written communication;
- oral communication;
- financial analysis and technology;
- problem solving and decision making;
- ethics and leadership; and
- continuous professional development.
The learner has demonstrated the ability to:
- find a suitable placement in an organization which relates to his/her program;
- explain how classroom learning experiences are reflected in the workplace;
- demonstrate knowledge and skills specific to his/her career path;
- prepare a learning portfolio; and
- present an oral report that will demonstrate specific work experiences that illustrate mastery of the eight broad learning outcomes in the workplace.
Mastery, based upon satisfactory evaluation of ALL of the following:
- individual presentation of portfolio using presentation software and meeting the presentation standards specified in the course;
- comprehensive career portfolio report, meeting the standards specified in the course;
- completion of a standardized business competency exam; and
- attendance at course information sessions.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
Information package prepared by the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration.
90 CREDITS towards BBA or instructor approval