Lighting Control Systems
- Stage lighting control systems – dimmers, networks, DMX-512
- Stage lighting control consoles – basic operation
- Stage lighting control consoles – advanced features
- Stage lighting control consoles – moving light programming
- Stage lighting control systems – wireless controls and accessories
Students will receive 3 hours of lecture/demonstration per week that includes independent work and one-on-one instruction.
Students are expected to be self-motivated and to demonstrate professionalism, which includes active participation, good attendance, punctuality, effective collaboration, and ability to meet deadlines.
|Professionalism: 5 indicators X 10%||50%|
|In-class practical test X 4||40%|
At the end of the course, the successful student should be able to:
- explain basic lighting console layout and architecture
- program a basic series of lighting cues using stage lighting consoles
- program various stage lighting consoles for moving light fixture control
- program various stage lighting consoles for accessories control
- patch and address fixtures using DMX-512 and network hubs
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for STGE 2400|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||UBCV THTR 2nd (1)|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||No credit|