Note: Students who have received credit for CISY 2365 will not receive further credit by taking CSIS 2365.
- Review of VB .NET essentials with coverage of O-O classes/objects
- ASP.NET essentials and technology overview
- Controls – standard, validation, data, HTML, navigation
- Creation of user controls
- Managing style – cascading style sheets, master and content pages, themes and skins
- Database concepts, SQL, and interaction with SQL databases
- AJAX features
- LINQ features
- Time Permitting – Web site security
- Time Permitting – Personalizing web sites
Lecture, seminar, and hands-on exercises in the lab
|Assignments (Minimum: 3)||20% - 35%|
|Participation||0% - 5%|
|Tests/Quizzes (Minimum: 2)||25% - 40%|
|Final Examination||25% - 30%|
Students may conduct research as part of their coursework in this class. Instructors for the course are responsible for ensuring that student research projects comply with College policies on ethical conduct for research involving humans, which can require obtaining Informed Consent from participants and getting the approval of the Douglas College Research Ethics Board prior to conducting the research.
The student will be able to:
- manipulate supplied classes/objects and create their own classes/objects in Visual Basic;
- build web applications using ASP.NET;
- validate form data using server-side validation controls;
- use ASP.NET features to create consistent looking web sites;
- create dynamic Web applications that interact with a SQL database;
- describe and use AJAX features and LINQ features.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students:
Imar Spaanjaars, Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 In C# and VB, Latest Edition, Wiley Publishing Inc.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU)||KPU CISY 1218 (3)||2007/09/01 to 2012/08/31|
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU)||KPU INFO 1213 (3)||2012/09/01 to -|
|Langara College (LANG)||LANG CSIS 2XXX (3)||2007/09/01 to -|
|Simon Fraser University (SFU)||No credit||2007/09/01 to -|
|Thompson Rivers University (TRU)||TRU COMP 2XXX (3)||2010/01/01 to -|
|Thompson Rivers University (TRU)||TRU COMP 2XX (3)||2007/09/01 to 2009/12/31|
|Trinity Western University (TWU)||TWU ISYS 1XX (3)||2007/09/01 to -|
|University of British Columbia - Okanagan (UBCO)||No credit||2007/09/01 to -|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||No credit||2007/09/01 to -|
|University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)||UFV CIS 2XX (3)||2007/09/01 to 2009/12/31|
|University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)||UFV CIS 245 (4)||2010/01/01 to -|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||UVIC CSC 1XX (1.5)||2007/09/01 to -|