- Theoretical and experimental research
- Wet chemistry
- Instrumentation and analysis
- Preparation of report
In the semester preceding the one during which the research is to be conducted, the student should approach a potential supervisor to discuss a possible research topic.
If the faculty or staff member is willing, further discussions should take place to prepare a proposal to be discussed and approved by the Departmental Chair and Laboratory Supervisor. The proposal is essentially the responsibility of the supervisor and is to be submitted as soon as possible.
After the research is completed and before the first day of exams, the student will submit a brief report to the supervisor.
Laboratory Work (75%)
The course is graded on a mastery/non-mastery basis.
The student will be able to:
- Use peer-reviewed references and identify a suitable hypothesis with the help of a chemistry faculty or staff member.
- Identify the required experimental research under supervision of a chemistry faculty or staff member to investigate the hypothesis.
- Employ various analytical techniques to compile any required data.
- Analyze the collected data and prepare a short report.
- Gain theoretical and experimental knowledge of a specific topic in chemistry through laboratory research.
CHEM 1110 and approval of the instructor
No corequisite courses.
No equivalent courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|University of Northern BC (UNBC)||UNBC CHEM 2XX (1)||2020/05/01 to -|