The student will be placed in a maximum of a 40 hour week as designated by the host employer. In each situation, the student works according to the policies and procedures of that particular work setting. Accommodations and workplace safety will be discussed with employer and student.
The instructional supervisor will meet with students on-site to observe and provide guidance regarding daily work tasks. Feedback will be provided by the instructor, on-site work supervisor and or/employer. Additional skills will be introduced as mastery of existing tasks is made.
- Initial employer interviews.
- Appropriate work habits including: punctuality/attendance, appropriate dress, attitude and productively.
- Following instructions.
- Cooperation with co-workers.
- Transition to regular employment.
- To choose a work practicum appropriate to ability, interest, marketplace availability.
- To demonstrate appropriate work habits.
- To take guidance from work and practicum.
- To develop appropriate time management, conflict resolutions, self-management and interpersonal skills.
- To use work experience for continual career planning.
Students will have weekly work experience reports written to assess: punctuality, attitude, ability to accept feedback, appearance, productivity, cooperation with co-workers, attendance and readiness for new skills.