- Instructor presentation.
- Class discussions.
- Guest employers.
- Self-awareness exercises.
- Role playing problem solving situations.
- Written assignments.
- Developing a personal work plan—goal setting.
- Self-assessment using student personal profile inventory.
- Employer expectations.
- Time management – work habits and behaviours.
- Mature workplace communications skills.
- Problem solving workplace issues.
- To develop time management and set personal goals.
- To practice self-awareness in terms of their abilities, knowledge, skills and values.
- To demonstrate mature workplace communication skills.
- To develop an awareness of expectations of employees.
- To simulate and establish coping strategies and problem-solving skills in regards to social skills and workplace circumstances.
Students will be expected to maintain regular attendance and progress, actively participate in all classroom activities, and complete assignments as directed.
Progress will be monitored on a regular basis by the instructor in consultation with each student and evaluation of that progress will depend on student goals, level of disability and expectation of material mastery.
Topic relevant material will be provided in handout form throughout the course.