Have a degree in the disciples of commerce or business administration? Take it to the next level with a specialization in Accounting. Graduates of this program gain the skills to secure intermediate-level accounting positions in financial reporting, taxation, management accounting and auditing.
For students interested in pursuing further education, the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting satisfies the entrance requirements of the Chartered Professional Accountant’s (CPA) Professional Education Program (PEP).
Day and evening courses, offered year-round to both part-time and full-time students, provide individuals with flexibility earning their post-degree diploma.
Students whose degree is in a discipline other than commerce or business administration should apply for entrance into the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting Studies or the Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting programs.
- Successful completion of 30 credits
- 50% (15 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- 15 credits out of the 27 required upper level credits must be completed at Douglas College
- A minimum program GPA of 2.00 is required
- Courses used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits. Please contact the program co-ordinator for approval of substitutions.
1 In selecting the elective, students should consider the courses required if they are contemplating pursuing a Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) designation. If necessary, students can use any Accounting course as well as this list of approved elective courses as a substitute course in this program.
Students are advised to refer to the CPA website for the list of required courses and the minimum grades for courses in the CPA program.
career transfer pathways
Graduates of this program have job-ready accounting skills and typically pursue a professional accounting designation and a career in accountancy.
Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in the field of Commerce and Business Administration from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
- Applicants must have completed the following courses with a minimum grade of "C" in each (or equivalent):
- ACCT 1235 Principles of Accounting I and II; or ACCT 1110 and ACCT 1210
- ACCT 2320 Introductory Management Accounting
You can get an average cost for your program - tuition and student fees, books, uniforms, lab fees etc - on the Program Cost page.
Only programs approved for student loan funding are listed on the Program Cost page. For all other programs, refer to the Tuition Fee page.
Program Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this program and do not see a listing for the starting semester/year of the program, consider the previous version as the applicable version.