Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in the field of Commerce and Business Administration from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
- Applicants must have completed the following courses with a minimum grade of "C" in each (or equivalent):
- Successful completion of 30 credits
- 50% (15 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- 15 credits out of the 27 required upper level credits must be completed at Douglas College
- Courses used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits. Please contact program co-ordinator for approval of substitutions.
A minimum program GPA of 2.00 is required
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|ACCT 3310||Intermediate Accounting I||3.00|
|ACCT 3410||Intermediate Accounting II||3.00|
|ACCT 3420||Intermediate Management Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 3370||Income Tax I||3.00|
|ACCT 3470||Income Tax II||3.00|
|ACCT 4510||Advanced Financial Accounting||3.00|
1 Select one (1) course from the following two courses (3 credits)
Business Strategy and Competitive Analysis
|2 Select one (1) course from the following two courses|
Advanced Management Accounting
Ethics and Workplace Skills
3 In selecting the elective, students should consider the required courses in the program they are contemplating pursuing; CPA designation or ACAF certification. If necessary, students can use any Accounting course as well as this list of approved elective courses as a substitute course in this program.
Students are advised to refer to CPA website for the list of required courses and the minimum grades for courses in CPA and ACAF programs.