Accounting (Post-Degree Diploma)
Have a degree in the discipline of commerce or business administration? Take it to the next level with a specialization in Accounting. Graduates of this program gain the skills to secure intermediate-level accounting positions in financial reporting, taxation, management accounting and auditing.
Graduate job-ready with the Career Boost program
Designed for post-degree students, the Career Boost program prepares you for part-time paid or volunteer positions that complement your studies. You’ll participate in career-building workshops, one-on-one coaching sessions, career fairs, networking with employers, peer-led leadership meetings and more. Once you graduate, you’ll get the continued support, skills and knowledge you need to find a full-time job in your field.
For students interested in pursuing further education, the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting satisfies the entrance requirements of the Chartered Professional Accountant’s (CPA) Professional Education Program (PEP).
Day and evening courses, offered year-round to both part-time and full-time students, provide individuals with flexibility earning their post-degree diploma.
Students whose degree is in a discipline other than commerce or business administration should apply for entrance into the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting Studies or the Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Accounting programs.
- Successful completion of 30 credits
- 50% (15 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- 50% (15 credits) of all upper level credits must be completed at Douglas College
- A minimum program GPA of 2.00 is required
- Courses used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits. Please contact the program co-ordinator for approval of substitutions.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|ACCT 3310||Intermediate Accounting I||3.00|
|ACCT 3410||Intermediate Accounting II||3.00|
|ACCT 3420||Intermediate Managerial Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 3370||Income Tax I||3.00|
|ACCT 3470||Income Tax II||3.00|
|ACCT 3880||Data Analytics for Managers||3.00|
|ACCT 4510||Advanced Financial Accounting||3.00|
Business Strategy and Competitive Analysis
Advanced Management Accounting
Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in the field of Commerce and Business Administration from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
- Applicants must have completed the following courses with a minimum grade of "C" in each (or equivalent):
Some career opportunities may require further education in addition to your credential, depending on your education and experience.
- Audit and Compliance
- Tax Auditor
- International or Exchange Auditor
Program Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this program and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the program, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
This program was specifically created to satisfy the entrance requirements of the CPA PEP program. However, the CPA governs entrance to their program and students are encouraged to have their transcripts evaluated by CPA to identify any gaps and structure their studies accordingly.
Yes. International students are encouraged to apply. Please contact Douglas College International for more information.
- Apply to the Accounting Studies program.
- Send your transcripts to CPA - BC for evaluation.
- Register in courses at Douglas that you know CPA will not grant you prior standing.
- Upon receipt of your CPA evaluation, submit it to the Registrar's Office. You will be exempted from taking courses for which CPA has granted standing.
No. As this program is less than 2 years in duration, it is not eligible as a co-operative education program.
When you submit CPA's evaluation to the Registrar's Office, they will grant you an exemption for all courses recognized by CPA. You do not need to take these courses at Douglas College. Please note that you must still satisfy the program's 70% residency requirement.
Yes. This program is fully eligible for loan funding.
Students registering in this program receive priority registration. This means that you will have an earlier registration time than many other programs. As a post-degree diploma student, many of your course prerequisites will also be waived.
The residency requirement means that you must complete a minimum of 7 courses at Douglas College to graduate from this program.
No. This program does not have a work experience requirement. Nor is work experience required to enter the CPA PEP program.
The CPA PEP program does have a work experience requirement that must be completed before you earn your certification. Questions regarding this requirement should be directed to CPA-BC.