Commerce & Business Administration
Accounting Post-Degree Diploma
Date of First Offering
Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting
Length of Program
Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in the field of Commerce and Business Administration from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
- Applicants must complete the following courses with a minimum grade of C in each (or equivalent):
- Successful completion of 30 credits
- 50% (15 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- 15 credits out of the 27 required upper level credits must be completed at Douglas College.
- * For these courses a "C+" overall average is required for graduation with a minimum grade of "C" for each individual course.
- ** 1000-2000 level electives must be university transferable (courses that transfer to one of the 5 Research Universities - SFU, UBC, UBCO, UNBC or UVIC) according to the BC Transfer Guide.
- 1 Students contemplating pursuing the CPA designation should consider taking BUSN 4275 instead of ACCT 4850.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|ACCT 3310*||Intermediate Accounting I*||3.00|
|ACCT 3410*||Intermediate Accounting II*||3.00|
|ACCT 3420*||Intermediate Management Accounting*||3.00|
|ACCT 3370*||Income Tax I*||3.00|
|ACCT 3470*||Income Tax II*||3.00|
|ACCT 4510*||Advanced Financial Accounting*||3.00|
|ACCT 4520*||Advanced Management Accounting*||3.00|
ACCT 4850 OR
BUSN 4275* 1
Business Strategy and Competitive Analysis* 1
|Elective**||Open elective at the 1000-4000 level**||3.00|