1. Portfolio design and type
2. Core competencies and inclusions
3. Relevant areas
3.1 Congruent to educational and professional pathway
4. Content navigation and organization
5. Portfolio presentation
5.1 Electronic portfolio
5.3 Target audience
- Discussion groups
- Practical application
- Computer lab
- Field observation
- Self-study via print or online materials
- Instructor tutoring
This is a mastery/non-mastery course. The selection of evaluation tools for this course is based upon adherence to the Douglas College Evaluation Policy regarding the number and weighting of evaluations. Assessments will include: assignments, an electronic portfolio project, and may include evaluation of preparation and participation. Students must attend all scheduled seminars (meetings) and achieve at least a ‘mastery’ level competency (70%) on all assignments and the major project to receive credit for this course.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student shall be able to:
- Use the framework developed in SPSC 2211 (Portfolio Introduction) to assemble a portfolio representative of their social, cognitive, emotional, creative, and physical performance development within their educational journey.
- Present their portfolio in an electronic format to peers, faculty, and community leaders following a theme representative of their educational and professional journey.
- Use appropriate multi-media software to enhance the finished portfolio product.
- Extend their portfolio towards future professional and educational pathway goals.
Consult the Douglas College Bookstore for the latest required textbooks and materials. A list of recommended textbooks and materials is provided on the instructor's course outline, which is available to students at the beginning of each semester.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for SPSC 4211|
|Athabasca University (AU)||No credit|
|Coast Mountain College (CMTN)||No credit|
|College of the Rockies (COTR)||No credit|
|Columbia College (COLU)||No credit|
|Nicola Valley Institute of Technology (NVIT)||No credit|
|Simon Fraser University (SFU)||No credit|
|Thompson Rivers University (TRU)||No credit|
|University of British Columbia - Okanagan (UBCO)||No credit|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||No credit|
|University of Northern BC (UNBC)||No credit|
|University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)||UFV GE 2XX (1)|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||No credit|