- Group case studies—analysis and presentation, both written and oral
- Group experiential exercises
1. Introduction—the critical role of management skills in business.
2. Personal Skills:
- Developing self awareness—cognitive style, attitude toward change, interpersonal orientation.
- Managing stress—managing time, major elements of stress, managing stress, eliminating stressors, developing resiliency, stress reduction techniques.
- Solving problems—creativity, innovation, rational problem solving, impediments to creative problem solving.
3. Interpersonal Skills:
- Communicating—supportive communication, communication styles, coaching and counselling.
- Applying communication skills—making oral and written presentations, conducting interviews.
- Gaining power and influence—definition of power, gaining organizational power, transforming power into influence.
- Motivating—diagnosing performance problems, enhancing the abilities of others, creating a motivating environment.
- Managing conflict—diagnosing the sources of conflict, conflict response alternatives, resolving conflict.
4. Group Skills:
- Empowering and Delegating—definition of empowerment, development of empowerment, delegating work.
- Team building—definition of teamwork, stages of team development, conducting team meetings.
- Managing Change—framework for leading positive change.
The student will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of and apply such personal management skills as developing self awareness, managing stress and solving problems.
- demonstrate an understanding of and apply such interpersonal management skills as communication, both oral and written, gaining power and exerting influence, motivation, and managing conflict.
- demonstrate an understanding of and apply such group management skills as empowerment, delegation, managing change and team building.
- practice and integrate the above skills through using case studies and experiential exercises and activities, with an emphasis on interpersonal interaction.
|Reports (or case studies)||25%-35%|
* with no one examination worth more than 40%
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
Whetten, David A. and Kim S. Cameron. Developing Management Skills, Latest Ed., New York: Harper Collins.
BUSN 1210 OR currently active in the:
PDD Hospitality Management or
PBD Hospitality Services Management.