Douglas College is inviting the community to celebrate National Coaches Week at the New Westminster Campus Sept. 22-30th, 2018. The annual event, which takes place across country celebrates the positive impact coaches have on athletes and communities across Canada.
In the meantime, please check out ViaSport Coaching for the latest information on coaching initiatives around British Columbia.
Sport Science Department Events
The following events will be hosted by the Douglas College Sport Science Department:
Monday, September 24 – Main Concourse NW(11 am - 2 pm)
- Meet SPSC student coaching ambassador and coaching coordinator
- Sign up for SPSC Coaching Club ***NEW
- Learn about coaching, certification and NCCP
Wednesday, September 26 – Lower Cafe NW (4:30 – 6 pm)
- Coach Human Library
- Hear personal stories of coaches
- Ask questions, get advice
- Enter contest and win prizes
- SPSC Faculty Coach Scavenger Hunt Contest
- #ThanksCoach initiative – Post a message to your favourite coach!
- Join the conversation with #ThanksCoach and #CoachesWeek.