This is a BCcampus on-line provincial course. Online Learner Success (OLS) is designed to provide the online learner with a working knowledge of the program called Desire2Learn (D2L). Assignments or activities in the course have been designed to demonstrate the use of various tools in the D2L program.
- Navigate D2L
- Use the basic features of a Web Browser
- Email class participants and instructor
- Use the dropbox to submit assignments
- Complete online quizzes and self-tests
- Participate in a chat group
Methods of Instruction
Instruction, tutorials, small group experiences, and ongoing self-assessment will provide the learner with an opportunity to adopt methods which will enhance his/her success in the online environment. Each session builds on previous content, and anticipates the session that follows, thus building a framework for success.
Means of Assessment
Mastery. Students will achieve mastery when they:
- Complete the tutorial
- Complete all assigned work
- Demonstrate the ability to perform tasks in the D2L environment
Upon completion of this course, the learner will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Use the navigation menu and links to move in D2L
- Use communication tools of D2L (discussions, chat, email)
- Use evaluations tools such as assignments, quizzes, and self-tests
- Download and upload files as attachments through email and discussions
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester/year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
Below shows how this course and its credits transfer within the BC transfer system.
A course is considered university-transferable (UT) if it transfers to at least one of the five research universities in British Columbia: University of British Columbia; University of British Columbia-Okanagan; Simon Fraser University; University of Victoria; and the University of Northern British Columbia.
For more information on transfer visit the BC Transfer Guide and BCCAT websites.
If your course prerequisites indicate that you need an assessment, please see our Assessment page for more information.