With education as the College’s core purpose, we are committed to supporting our employees in their professional development. There are many ways employees can access a rich variety of development offerings internally and externally, enhancing skills for current and future opportunities with the College.
- College-wide Professional Development days provide all employees with an opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills in topics that are relevant to the College community
- Department or special group Professional Development days allow these teams to enhance their development through focused learning days
- Professional development funding for regular support staff up to $1500 per fiscal year
- Faculty Professional Development Funds
- College Study Benefits that allow employees to access Douglas College courses (eligibility varies by employee group)
- Professional Development funds for Administrators that accumulate at $500 per year
- Professional Development leaves (varies by employee group)
- Regular internal training opportunities such as management skills, respectful workplace, health and safety and technology training
- All employees can access online learning opportunities through LinkedIn Learning, CCDI and Homewood Health
A career at Douglas means loving what you do and being good at it.