- Successful completion of 60 credits
- 25% (15 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College for students using transfer credit from other institutions, and/or have successfully challenged courses through PLAR
- Students are required to submit a copy of a current First Aid with CPR Certificate. The course may be Standard or Emergency First Aid, with the training consisting of a minimum of 8 hours. The CPR must include training for both adult and child
* It is recommended that diploma students complete their English Language requirement in their first semester, or before the start of their third semester.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|CFCS 1130||Change and Development: Lifespan||3.00|
|DACS 1140||Introduction to Practice||3.00|
|DACS 1150||Teaching and Learning: Foundations||3.00|
|DACS 1170||Characteristics of Exceptionalities||3.00|
|DACS 1250||Teaching and Learning: Universal Design for Learning||3.00|
|DACS 1256||Teaching and Learning: Introduction to Communication and Behaviour||3.00|
|DACS 1270||Perspectives on Disability||1.50|
|DACS 1280||Foundations of Family Support||3.00|
|DACS 1240||Practicum 1||4.50|
|* Select one course from the following 4 options:|
|CMNS 1110||Workplace Writing for Child, Family and Community Studies||3.00|
|CMNS 1115||Practical Writing||3.00|
|ENGL 1130||Academic Writing||3.00|
|UT English Course||Any UT English course with a grade of C-||3.00|
|DACS 2320*||Working with Others||3.00|
|DACS 2356||Teaching and Learning: Supporting Communication and Behaviour||3.00|
|DACS 2370||Personal Assistance||1.50|
|DACS 2380||Person Centred Planning and Community Building||3.00|
|DACS 2340||Practicum 2||4.50|
|DACS 2421||Supports for Children and Youth with Disabilities||3.00|
|DACS 2431||Contemporary Practice in Adult Supports||3.00|
|DACS 2420||Personal and Professional Leadership||3.00|
|DACS 1241**||Behaviour Intervention Practicum||3.00|
|DACS 3430||Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Across the Lifespan||3.00|
|Total Credits for Credential||60.00|
Students who were admitted to the program prior to Fall 2018:
- CCSD 2334 and CCSD 2335 may be used as a substitution for DACS 1280. (Students that have taken one of CCSD 2334 or CCSD 2335 prior to Fall 2018, must take CCSD 2100 for top-up to substitute for DACS 1280.
- CCSD 1170 or BHIN 1230 and CCSD 1121 may be used as a substitution for DACS 1170. (Students that have taken one of CCSD 1170, BHIN 1230 or CCSD 1121 prior to Fall 2018, must take CCSD 2100 for top-up to substitute for DACS 1170).
- CCSD 1260 or BHIN 1256 may be used as a substitution for DACS 1256.
- CCSD 2350 or CFCS 2391 may be used as a substitution for DACS 2356.
- DACS 1241 is equivalent to (DACS 1341 or BHIN 1240 or BHIN 1340), or may substitute for (CCSD 2440 or DACS 2440)