Directed Studies in Community Practice II
The following global ideas guide the design and delivery of this course:
- Responding to individual needs is an underlying concept in the Department of Child, Family and Community Studies. This course design allows application of this principle to individual students.
- Learning and acquisition of skills, knowledge and attitudes occur in many contexts. Individuals draw on their experiences to increase their understanding of theory and its links with field practice.
- Evidence of learning can take many forms. Collaborative planning between student and faculty contributes to learning activities which match goals of personal growth.
This course will conform to Douglas College policy regarding the number and weighting of evaluations.
- Adherence to college evaluation policy regarding number and weighting of evaluations, i.e. a course of three credits or more should include at least five separate evaluations.
- A combination of evaluation instruments that includes opportunities for students to demonstrate different ways of knowing, i.e. oral, individual, group, narrative, research.
- A developmental approach to evaluation that is sequenced and progressive.
- Evaluation being used as a teaching and learning tool for both students and instructors.
- Commitment to student participation in evaluation through such processes as self and peer evaluation, participation in instrument design and program/instructor evaluation.
Course learning outcomes are specifically identified in the curriculum assigned to this directed study. The curriculum assigned may be CFCS or department specific (ECED, CYCC, CSSW, CCSD, INTR), representing a whole course or specific learning outcomes from one or more courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for CFCS 2391|
|Simon Fraser University (SFU)||No credit|
|University of British Columbia - Okanagan (UBCO)||No credit|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||No credit|
|University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)||UFV CYC 1XX (1) or UFV CYC 1XX (2) or UFV CYC 1XX (3) or UFV CYC 1XX (4) or UFV CYC 1XX (5) or UFV CYC 1XX (6)|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||No credit|