Intermediate French II
- More complex syntactic structures.
- Basic lexicon.
- The phonological system of French.
- The culture of the Francophone world.
The functional and communicative approaches will be used.
Classroom activities include: presentation of material by the instructor, practice in pairs, listening comprehension, audio-visual presentations, and conversation practice in small groups with a Native Language Assistant.
(May include, but not limited to, writing and reading exercises, chapter tests, paragraph writing, written homework, preparation, final written exam.)
(May include, but not limited to, oral tests, oral presentations, listening comprehension, conversation lab, attendance, preparation, class participation, final oral exam.)
No single evaluation will be worth more than 20%.
The student will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in French in all tenses and moods at the intermediate level in:
- Aural comprehension of simple discourse in various tenses.
- Reading comprehension of simplified texts.
- Speech delivery: express feelings and reactions and narrate in the past.
- Written expression: guided composition
- Understanding target cultures.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
An intermediate-level French textbook such as:
- Terrell, et al. Deux mondes: A Communicative Approach. McGraw-Hill.
- Terrell, et al. Deux mondes: A Communicative Approach. Cahier d’exercices. McGraw-Hill.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for MODL 2202|
|Camosun College (CAMO)||CAMO HUM 1XX (3)|
|Capilano University (CAPU)||CAPU FREN 121 (4)|
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU)||KPU FREN 2201 (3)|
|Langara College (LANG)||LANG FREN 1217 (3)|
|Okanagan College (OC)||OC FREN 108 (3)|
|Simon Fraser University (SFU)||SFU FREN 1XX (3)|
|Thompson Rivers University (TRU)||TRU FREN 1200 (3)|
|University of British Columbia - Okanagan (UBCO)||UBCO FREN 104 (3)|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||UBCV FREN 202 (3)|
|University of Northern BC (UNBC)||UNBC INTS 272 (3)|
|University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)||UFV FREN 216 (3)|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||DOUG MODL 2201 (3) & DOUG MODL 2202 (3) = UVIC FRAN 120 (3)|
|Vancouver Island University (VIU)||VIU FRCH 1st (3)|