Intermediate French II
This course is not active. Please contact Department Chair for more information.
- More complex syntactic structures.
- Basic lexicon.
- The phonological system of French.
- The culture of the Francophone world.
The functional and communicative approach will be used.
Classroom activities include: presentation of material by the instructor, practice in pairs, listening comprehension, audio-visual presentations, and conversation practice in small groups with a Native Language Assistant.
(May include, but not limited to, writing and reading exercises, chapter tests, paragraph writing, written homework, preparation, final written exam.)
(May include, but not limited to, oral tests, oral presentations, listening comprehension, conversation lab, attendance, preparation, class participation, final oral exam.)
No single evaluation will be worth more than 20%.
The student will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in French in all tenses and moods at the basic level in:
- Aural comprehension of simple discourse in various tenses.
- Reading comprehension of simplified texts.
- Speech delivery: express feelings and reactions and narrate in the past.
- Written expression: guided composition
- Understanding target cultures.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
An intermediate-level French textbook such as:
- Terrell, et al. Deux mondes: A Communicative Approach. McGraw-Hill.
- Terrell, et al. Deux mondes: A Communicative Approach. Cahier d’exercices. McGraw-Hill.
MODL 1103 (Minimum Grade of C) or French 12 (Minimum Grade of P) or satisfactory result on Douglas College MODL Assessment
No corequisite courses.
No equivalent courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for MODL 1104|
|Trinity Western University (TWU)||DOUG MODL 1103 (3) & DOUG MODL 1104 (3) = TWU FREN 111 (3) & TWU FREN 112 (3)|