Intermediate Japanese II
Systematic, in-depth study of:
- Syntactic structures
- Stylistic nuances
- Aspects of Japanese culture
The functional-communicative approach is used.
Classroom activities may include: presentation of material by the instructor, practice in pairs and small groups, listening comprehension, audio-visual presentations, discussion of reading materials, task-based conversation practice, and student presentations.
Conversation in small groups with a Native Language Assistant.
(May include but not limited to writing and reading exercises, chapter tests, paragraph writing, written homework, preparation, Final Written Exam)
(May include but not limited to oral tests, oral presentations, listening comprehension, conversation lab, attendance, preparation, class participation, Final Oral Exam)
No single evaluation will be worth more than 20%.
The student will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in Japanese at the intermediate level in:
- Aural comprehension of authentic language situations.
- Reading comprehension of materials written in a combination of hiragana, katakana, and a minimum of 300 kanji
- Speech delivery, such as using honorific and humble styles of speech, giving commands and instructions,supporting opinions and defending a point of view.
- Written expression, such as guided composition, using hiragana, katakana, and kanji.
- Understanding target cultures.
- An intermediate-level Japanese textbook, such as: Banno et al. GENKI: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese II.
- The Japan Times.
- Accompanying workbook and audio materials.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for MODL 2272|
|Camosun College (CAMO)||CAMO JAPN 201 (3)|
|Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU)||KPU JAPN 2201 (3)|
|Langara College (LANG)||LANG JAPN 1217 (3)|
|Simon Fraser University (SFU)||SFU JAPN 201 (3)|
|Thompson Rivers University (TRU)||TRU JAPA 2210 (3)|
|Trinity Western University (TWU)||TWU LANG 2XX (3)|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||UBCV JAPN 201 (3)|
|University of Northern BC (UNBC)||UNBC INTS 222 (3)|
|University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)||UFV JAPN 201 (3)|
|Vancouver Island University (VIU)||VIU JAPA 201 (3)|