Applied Community Studies
Early Childhood Education
ECED - Special Needs Cert.
Date of First Offering
Certificate in Post-Basic Early Childhood Education - Special Needs
Length of Program
Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Completion of Certificate-Level Early Childhood Education studies at Douglas College or equivalent post-secondary training. Provide proof of completion of an Early Childhood Education training (license).
- An overall average of "C+" in courses completed in the certificate program.
- Successful completion of the written English language requirement.
- Submission of a work history form and two acceptable references from employers or from a former instructor and an employer. These must be submitted directly to the department.
- Participation in a personal interview with ECE faculty. Suitability will be determined on the basis of a review of an applicant's emotional stability, physical health, formal education, work experience, ability to work in a multidisciplinary-team setting, ability to work within the values of the department and personal suitability.
- Successful completion of 20 credits
- 50% (10 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- If any of the coursework was completed towards your diploma then 50% additional new coursework is required
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|ECED 2312||Perspectives on Families in ECE Settings||1.50|
|ECED 2330||Change and Development: Families||1.50|
|ECED 2401||Advanced Growth and Development||3.00|
|*CFCS 2410||Advanced Issues: Reflection and Integration||3.00|
|ECED 2412||Administrative Skills for ECE Centres||3.00|
|ECED 2450||Inclusion in Early Childhood Settings||3.00|
|ECED 2483||Demonstrating Laboratory Special Needs Project Practicum||5.00|