Warehouse Work Practicum
Applied Community Studies
Max Class Size
70-90 depending on individual needs of each student
Method Of Instruction
Methods Of Instruction
- Field experience
To provide students with a practical job experience in warehousing and distribution centres. In this course students are also expected to demonstrate and practice appropriate work habits.
- Demonstrate the ability to function efficiently and effectively in a warehouse and distribution centre settings.
- Demonstrate reliability, safety, adequate production level, and teamwork skills.
- Identify and assess personal skills, abilities, work skills, habits, performance and compatibility specific to warehousing and distribution centres jobs.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the job expectations for warehousing and distribution centres.
Means of Assessment
- Regular meetings between student, site supervisor, and college representative to evaluate the progress of the student.
- Designated site supervisor to provide ongoing verbal evaluation to the student and to the college, and at the end of the practicum to provide a written evaluation to include such things as reliability, efficiency, safety, willingness to accept feedback, and teamwork.
Nil. Topic relevant material will be provided throughout the course.