- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) offered online
- Occupational First Aid Level One (OFA1), workshop offered through ACTSAFE BC (www.actsafe.bc.ca) or other qualified provider
- Actsafe BC young workers orientation workshop
- Ladder and lift safety
This is a lecture and workshop based course. There is self-directed work and workshop components.
Students must take responsibility for their completion of the OFA1 (off campus course with additional fee) and WHMIS online training. An initial schedule will be distributed and students must meet deadlines. Workshops will be on and off campus. In some cases they will be repeated at different locations. This will allow some flexibility of scheduling.
Students will be evaluated on the basis of Mastery/Non Mastery. Mastery will require all components:
- Certificate of completion for OFA1
- Certificate of completion for WHMIS
- In class certification for ladder safety
- In class Actsafe BC Young Worker orientation
- Possession and use of Personal Protective Equipment
At the end of the course, the successful student will be able to:
- articulate worker responsibilities as they relate to working safely and confidently in the fast-paced environment of the entertainment industry
- demonstrate completion of training and certifications needed to enter the entertainment industry
- articulate and engage in safe work practices during Stagecraft and Event Technologies laboratories, practicums and productions
A list of recommended reading materials will be provided at the beginning of each semester.
Students must have their own PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). Safety work boots, hard hat, high visibility vest and work gloves (may cost more than $200)
Off campus workshops may cost $150.
No prerequisite courses.
No corequisite courses.
No equivalent courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for STGE 1110|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||UBCV THTR 1st (1)|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||No credit|
STGE 1110 001 - This course runs for 5 weeks and requires students to complete the self-directed Occupational First Aid course available outside of Douglas College.