1. Occupational and Workplace Awareness
1.1 Skills, knowledge, and educational requirements
1.2 Workplace culture
1.3 Workplace policies
2. Academic/Technical Learning
2.1 Applying BPEC course material to practicum experience
2.2 Applying elective course material to practicum experience
3.2 Following workplace policies and procedures
3.3 Soliciting and implementing feedback
3.4 Working safely
4.1 Professional confidence
4.2 Emotional intelligence
Practical application and experience
Assessment will be in accordance with the Douglas College Evaluation Policy. This is a Mastery/Non-Mastery course. The instructor will present a written course outline with specific evaluation criteria at the beginning of the semester. Evaluation may include the following:
3. Journal entries
4. Site supervisor evaluation
5. Seminar participation
- provide evidence of current occupational practices, issues, technologies, and skills relevant to their program of study and desired career options.
- identify responsibilities and challenges faced by practitioners in the field.
- identify the necessary education, credentials, and experiences required to secure a job in the field.
- apply appropriate workplace attitudes and behaviours.
- effectively implement supervisory feedback.
- apply effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- execute entry-level job-specific tasks.
- assist site supervisors with the execution of complex job-specific tasks.
- describe results of reflection on individual strengths and weaknesses in relation to the requirements of the placement.
- set goals for personal and professional development.
Consult the Douglas College Bookstore for the latest required textbooks and materials.
Enrollment in the Bachelor of Physical Education and Coaching program
No corequisite courses.
No equivalent courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for SPSC 2101|
|Athabasca University (AU)||No credit|
|Coast Mountain College (CMTN)||No credit|
|College of the Rockies (COTR)||No credit|
|Columbia College (COLU)||No credit|
|Simon Fraser University (SFU)||No credit|
|Thompson Rivers University (TRU)||No credit|
|University of British Columbia - Okanagan (UBCO)||No credit|
|University of British Columbia - Vancouver (UBCV)||No credit|
|University of Northern BC (UNBC)||No credit|
|University of Victoria (UVIC)||No credit|
|Vancouver Island University (VIU)||VIU KIN 1st (1)|