This course enables students, during a three-week practicum, to apply and develop knowledge and skills in an office environment specific to the chosen Office Administration field. The student will maintain a journal and present a report to peers and faculty.
- Office etiquette and interpersonal skills with continuing emphasis on professional appearance and conduct.
- Application of program related office administration skills in a practicum setting.
- Journal of work experience detailing the development of both transferable and program specific skills.
- Report to peers, faculty or other interested parties.
Methods Of Instruction
The instructor has prepared the student for the practicum during OADM 1410. The employer will supervise the student during the three-week practicum period. The instructor will monitor the student’s progress through email, telephone communication and/or personal visitations with the student and his or her supervisor.
Means of Assessment
Evaluation will take place in accordance with the Douglas College Evaluation Policy. The student will receive a grade of MASTERY when ALL of the following are achieved:
- Successful completion of on-the-job experience as evaluated by work supervisor and instructor.
- Satisfactory completion of journal of the work experience.
- Satisfactory completion of report.
The learner has demonstrated the ability to:
- Complete three weeks of office work experience as it relates to their Office Administration Program specialty area in order to:
Maintain a journal throughout the work experience period which details the development of both transferable and program specific skills.
Present a report to peers, faculty and other interested parties.
- develop knowledge and skills of the business office;
- confirm possible career interests;
- increase confidence in their ability to perform efficiently and effectively and be accepted in an office environment; or
- gain experience in an office environment.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
Coursepack, if applicable