Methods of instruction include, but are not limited to the following: small group practice of syntactic and lexical structures, discussion of readings, debates, listening comprehension, discussion and correction of written works and oral presentations.
Conversation practice in small groups with a Native Language Assistant.
Systematic in-depth study of:
- Syntactic structures
- Culture through the works of Spanish and Latin American writers and filmmakers
Successful students will demonstrate proficiency in Spanish at the high intermediate level in:
- Aural comprehension of authentic language situations.
- Reading comprehension of simple written material.
- Speech delivery: supporting opinion, defending a point of view, and making a hypothesis.
- Written expression: expository writing.
- Understanding and appreciating differences and similarities among cultures as expressed in the works of Spanish and Latin American writers and filmmakers.
Written Evaluations 50%
(May include but are not limited to writing and
reading exercises, chapter tests, paragraph
writing, written homework, preparation,
Final Written Exam)
Oral Evaluations 50%
(May include but are not limited to oral tests, oral
presentations, listening comprehension,
conversation lab, attendance, preparation,
class participation, Final Oral Exam)
No single evaluation will be worth more than 20%.
An intermediate-level Spanish textbook such as:
Adán-Lifante. Más español intermedio. McGraw Hill
MODL 2252 (Minimum Grade of C) or Assessment (see calendar)