- Practicum experience in Community Mental Health PSR settings.
- Praxis seminar
- May include community service learning and/or participation in community based research projects when available.
- During their community placement, students will demonstrate an application of the concepts of the CMHW program, PSR, therapeutic relationships and communication, and caring practice in their clinical practice
- Understand and follow agency policies and procedures
- Respect client confidentiality
- Gather assessment information, incorporate this, and develop a personalized care plan
- Identify and practice the role and limits of the CMHW while working in the community
- Follow agency guidelines for clinical documentation
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate the application of the CMHW course theory into clinical practice
- Demonstrate safety, respect, and accountability in adherence to Douglas College and agency policies and procedures
- Promote and support individual rights and responsibilities while following ethical standards of practice
- Understand the importance of client confidentiality
- Demonstrate self-awareness through use of a self-evaluation tool
- Understand the multidisciplinary team approach within the clinical setting
Course evaluation is consistent with Douglas College course evaluation policy. An evaluation schedule is presented at the beginning of the course.
This is a MASTERY course. Students will receive a detailed outline of performance expectations at the beginning of the course.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
A list of reading materials is provided to the students at the beginning of the semester.
Courses listed here must be completed either prior to or simultaneously with this course:
- No corequisite courses
Courses listed here are equivalent to this course and cannot be taken for further credit:
- No equivalency courses