- Student self-directed on- line learning
- 1:1 instruction
Self-assessment of therapeutic recreation knowledge, attitudes, values and skills.
- Reflection practices to demonstrate knowledge, attitudes, values and skills.
- Ways to link personal learning evidence to TR diploma and or degree themes and course learning outcomes.
- Resources that can be used for feedback.
- Development of learning objectives and plans to bridge gaps and improve abilities.
- Locating new learning resources and opportunities.
Critical thinking and problem solving across multiple contexts.
- Strategies to link learning to a variety of assessment situations.
- Strategies to problem solve issues as they arise, seeking assistance when necessary.
- Timely, regular, respectful communication in on-line course environment.
- Writing to show depth and breadth especially through on-line technologies.
- Investigation, incorporation and sharing of helpful resources.
- Soliciting, receiving and incorporating feedback.
- Professional skills such as meeting time lines, resolving conflict, and cooperating.
Computer related technologies.
- Knowledge and use of on-line course tools and skills in an on-line environment.
- Knowledge and use of distance based communications such as e-mail, phone and web cameras.
- Demonstrate self-assessment of therapeutic recreation knowledge, attitudes, values and skills.
- Demonstrate effective critical thinking and problem solving across multiple contexts.
- Demonstrate effective communication techniques.
- Demonstrate computer related technologies.
- On-Line quizzes
- Reflective narratives
- Case studies
- Audio and/or Videotaped demonstrations
THRT 1100 is a Mastery course.
Courses earned as a result of THRT 1100 On-line Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition will be graded in the same way as stated in each course’s Curriculum Guideline.
Permission of Faculty