- Gathering Information
- reading program publicity
- interview with Transition planner
- nterview with Instructor
- Meeting Eligibility Criteria
- demonstrating stability
- demonstrating motivation
- identifying goals/li>
- demonstrating basic literacy skills
- identifying and describing disability
- Decision Making
- identifying alternatives, including CAEP
- weighing alternatives
- making the decision
- Implementing the Decision
- contacting instructor, funding agency, advocate, referral, therapists, medical practitioners, social workers
- Securing Funding
- identifying potential funding sources
- determining the best source
- applying for funding
- confirming funding and notifying appropriate persons
- Making Applications
- identifying forms which need to be completed (intake, funding, registration, etc.)
- completing forms and submitting them
- providing copies of transcripts and assessments
- procedures to ensure that all steps are completed
- Budgeting Resources
- identifying budgetary items (tuition, supplies, transportation, etc.)
- establishing financial plan for program
- Following Through
- communicating with appropriate people as procedures are completed
- ensuring all procedures have been completed
- completing activities within time frame established
- meeting recommendations (for students who need to prove stability, motivation, etc.) for next intake
- determining appropriate steps and contacts to provide information and resolve problems e.g. transportation plans, child care arrangements
- One-on-one instruction
A student will have completed the course when he/she has participated at the required level in course activities designed to meet the course objectives.
Progress will be monitored on a regular basis by the instructor in consultation with each student.
- Students to gain an understanding of the objectives and content of the CAEP Program.
- Students to make an informed decision and commitment to entering the program.
- Students to demonstrate ability to deal with and benefit from CAEP program content.
- Students to take the necessary steps leading to acceptance and registration in the program.
- Students to secure funding as needed.
- Students to provide documentation as needed.
- Students to increase awareness of personal preparations which will facilitate participation in the CAEP program and to make arrangements as needed.
No prerequisite courses.
No corequisite courses.
No equivalent courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|