General College Admission Requirements
- Successful completion of 60.00 credits
- 50% (30 credits) of all course work must be completed at Douglas College
- A minimum program GPA of 2.00 is required to graduate
- Courses marked with an asterisk (*) require a minimum "C" grade as are pre-requisites to further ccourses
- Co-op work experience is an option, which requires an additional term, and must be completed before the final term of the program.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|ACCT 1110*||Principles of Accounting I (see note (1) below)||3.00|
|ACCT 1210*||Principles of Accounting II (see note (1) below)||3.00|
|FINC 1231*||Business Mathematics (see note (2) below)||3.00|
|BUSN 1210||Management Essentials||3.00|
|MARK 1120||Introduction to Marketing||3.00|
|CSIS 1190||Excel for Business||3.00|
|BLAW 1320||Introductory Business law||3.00|
|PHIL 1122||Business Ethics (see note (3) below)||3.00|
|BUSN 2429*||Business Statistics I (see note (4) below)||3.00|
Select two courses from the following three options:
|ENGL 1130||Academic Writing||3.00|
|CMNS 1115||Practical Writing||3.00|
|CMNS 1125||Oral Presentations||3.00|
Select one of the following two options: (see note (5) below)
|FINC 2340*||Corporate Finance||3.00|
|FINC 2345*||Introduction to Corporate Finance||3.00|
|ECON 1250||Principles of Macroeconomics||3.00|
|FINC 2300*||Personal Finance I (CFP)||3.00|
|MARK 2150||Personal Selling||3.00|
|FINC 3390*||Security Analysis (CFP)(see note (6) below)||3.00|
|Select four courses from the following options:|
|FINC 3305||International Financial Management||3.00|
|BUSN 3310||Organizational Management Skills (see note (7) below)||3.00|
|ACCT 3370||Income Tax I (CFP)||3.00|
|BLAW 3730||Corporate and Financial Planning Law||3.00|
|FINC 3300||Personal Finance II (CFP)||3.00|
|MARK 3500||Financial Services Marketing||3.00|
|FINC 4340||Investment Management Techniques||3.00|
|FINC 4360||Portfolio Management Techniques||3.00|
- ACCT 1235(Principles of Introductory Financial Accounting I & II) can be taken instead of ACCT 1110 and 1210. A 3-credit open elective course must then be taken to meet the 60-credit requirement of the program.
- MATH 1125 may substitute FINC 1231.
- PHIL 1102 may substitute for PHIL 1122. BUSN 4490 may also be substituted for PHIL 1122.
- MATH 1160 may substitute for BUSN 2429.
- Students who have previously taken ECON 2298 may substitute it for FINC 2340 or FINC 2345.
- The Canadian Securities Course (CSC) can be transferred in and substituted for FINC 3390.
- SOSC 2140 may substitute for BUSN 3310.
*A minimum grade of "C" for each course which is a pre-requisite to further courses is required (courses indicated by *).
The courses listed below satisfy the FP Canada™ Core and Advanced Curriculum requirements leading to QUALIFIED ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (QAFP™) and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® (CFP®) certification.