Commerce & Business Administration
Financial Planning PD Diploma
Date of First Offering
Post-Degree Diploma in Financial Planning
Length of Program
Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
- Successful completion of minimum 30 credits.
- 70% (21 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College. Up to a maximum of nine credits used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits. Any credit course from the same level or higher may be used to replace a course that has already been taken. Contact the Financial Services Coordinator if advice on substitutions is required.
- A minimum average grade of C+ or 2.33 GPA in the program is required to graduate.
- Time limit to complete program graduation requirements: four (4) years
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|Principles of Introductory Financial Accounting I and II (see note (1) below)||3.00|
|CSIS 1190||Excel for Business||3.00|
|Personal Finance I (CFP)||3.00|
Select one of the following two options: (see note (2) below)
|FINC 2340*||Corporate Finance||3.00|
|Introduction to Corporate Finance||3.00|
|FINC 3390*||Security Analysis (CFP)||3.00|
|ACCT 3370*||Income Tax I (CFP)||3.00|
|FINC 3300||Personal Finance II (CFP)||3.00|
|Select three courses from the following options:|
|BLAW 3730||Corp. and Financial Plan. Law||3.00|
|ACCT 3470||Income Tax II||3.00|
|MARK 3500||Financial Services Marketing||3.00|
|FINC 4370||Financial Planning Capstone (CFP)||3.00|
|FINC 4360||Portfolio Management Techniques||3.00|
- Students who take ACCT 1110 and ACCT 1210 instead of ACCT 1235 will have to complete an extra course for the credential.
- ECON 2298 may substitute for FINC 2340 or FINC 2345 if already taken.
*A minimum grade of "C" is required for this course because it is a pre-requisite to further courses.
The courses listed below satisfy the FP Canada™ Core and Advanced Curriculum requirements leading to QUALIFIED ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (QAFP™) and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® (CFP®) certification.