International Business Management (Concentration)
All students enrolled in the International Business Management Concentration are required to pay an additional mandatory fee of $425 CAD (plus applicable taxes) in order to receive access to Forum for International Trade Training (FITT) eBooks, to transfer course credits to FITT and to cover FITT examination fees. Prior to enrolling in International Business Management Concentration courses, students need to contact the Management Degree Program Coordinator in order to initiate payment. Failure to proactively initiate payment may result in delayed access to FITT resources.
Concentration in International Business Management:
- This concentration is available for all BBA degree students.
- Successful completion of at least 21 credits
- 12 credits upper level coursework required
- Concentrations are not noted on the credential but will be noted on the transcript
- Students taking this concentration will have completed the educational requirements for the Forum for International Trade Training - Certified International Trade Professional designation (FITT - CITP) industry credential. For information on additional requirements for the credential, students will want to contact the Douglas College Director of Business Programs or the industry body.
Course Requirements (see notes):
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|BUSN 3100||Trade in the Global Marketplace||3.00|
|BUSN 3500||Business Entry Strategies, International||3.00|
|BLAW 3700 (formally BUSN 3700)||Fundamentals of International Trade Law||3.00|
|MARK 3300||International Marketing||3.00|
|MARK 4441||Marketing Research||3.00|
|CBA Electives (see notes 2 and 3)||Any two courses (1000-4000 level) from ACCT, BUSN, BLAW, CSIS, CMPT, COBA, ECON, FINC, HOSP or MARK||6.00|
1. Students in a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program will likely have met all pre-requisite requirements upon entering this concentration. On the other hand, non-BBA students will need to take special note of: (a) required pre-requisites to ensure they are able to enrol in the required courses and (b) suggested courses, skills and/or competencies. This information can be found on the Douglas College Course Catalogue website.
2. All of the courses listed fulfill competencies in the FITT industry credential, and thus, would help prepare students for a career in this field. Thus, students wanting depth in this field would benefit from also taking BUSN 3200 (Global Trade Finance) and BUSN 3410 (Global Supply Chain Management). Students who would prefer breadth in their management studies may consider using the CBA electives to study another management concentration, a mix of management courses or other commerce and business areas.
3. Because the industry requirements get updated occasionally, students wanting the FITT- CITP should check with the Director of Business Programs to determine if these CBA electives credits should be used to take additional courses to meet the FITT - CITP credential.
There are no separate admission requirements for a concentration, but students must be enrolled in a BBA degree program in order to complete a concentration.
Program Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this program and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the program, consider the previous version as the applicable version.