Lectures will be used to introduce specific areas of study and to provide background information. Case studies will constitute the framework and focus of much of the course. Guest lecturers will complement the class sessions where possible.
- Gathering market intelligence
- Explaining the theory and practise of marketing strategy
- Analyzing customers, competition, and channels
- Developing positioning strategies
- Planning the marketing program
- Managing the marketing mix
At the end of the course, the successful student should be able to:
- integrate all phases of marketing into a strategic planning focus
- demonstrate a problem-solving approach to marketing problems
- apply oral and written skills in project presentations
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE ALL COMPONENTS OF THE COURSE TO OBTAIN CREDIT FOR THE COURSE.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
Mullins, Walker, Boyd & Larreche; Marketing Management, Latest Ed. New York NY, McGrawHill Irwin 2006 or equivalent