Commerce & Business Administration
Office Admin - MOA Certificate
Date of First Offering
Certificate in Office Administration - Medical Office Assistant
Length of Program
- General Admission Requirements (excluding the Language Proficiency Requirement)
- Strong English skills are required. Students who are weak in English skills should consider upgrading through the Developmental Studies or English as a Second Language Program.
- English 11 with a grade of "C" or better or the following exemptions:
- EN 12 "P"
- EN LIT 12 "P"
- TPC 12 "P"
- COMM 12 "C+"
- Keyboarding speeds: Full-time students require 25 net words per minute. Part-time students do not require a specific keyboarding speed for entry; however, students must provide proof of keyboarding speed before registration in any course which has a keyboarding prerequisite (see the Course Descriptions section of this Calendar). Students with no previous keyboarding experience may take beginning keyboarding (OADM 1103) during their first semester at the College.
|OADM 1114||Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology I||3|
|OADM 1151||Medical Administrative Procedures||3|
|OADM 1256||Microcomputer Applications I||3|
|OADM 1303||Keyboarding Skill Development||3|
|OADM 1325||Clinical Office Procedures||3|
|OADM 1214||Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology II||3|
|OADM 1240||Business Communications and Procedures||3|
|OADM 1265||Pharmaceutical and Billing Procedures||3|
|OADM 1322||Medical Transcription||3|
|OADM 1400||Job Search*||2|
* Job Search should only be taken duing your final semester in the program.
|OADM 1401||Office Practicum||1|