General College Admission Requirements, excluding Language Proficiency Requirement
FoodSafe Level 1
- English 11 with a minimum grade of “C” or Douglas College acceptable exemptions*.
- All requests for transfer credits or course exemptions must be submitted with the application.
*Acceptable exemptions: EN 12 "P", EN LIT 12 "P", TPC 12 "P", COMM 12 "C".
- Complete an Informed Medical Suitability Declaration (to be completed on Douglas College Form).
- Submit proof of negative TB skin test or chest X-ray, taken no more than three months before the date of application. This may need to be repeated if student was tested more than six months prior to the first clinical experience, or as required by Health Regions.
- Submit a current record of immunity or immunization for Hepatitis B.
*Updated immunizations are strongly recommended.
Criminal Record Check: Specific instructions will be provided by the program Admissions Officer.
We strongly recommend you attend an information session.
A personal interview with the Program Coordinator may be requested.
|HCSW 1101||Concepts for Practice||3|
|HCSW 1102||Lifestyle and Introduction to Practice||3|
|HCSW 1103||Interpersonal Communication||3|
|HCSW 1104||Health Challenges 1||3|
|HCSW 1105||Applied Practice Experiences 1||6|
|HCSW 1106||Health Challenges 2||3|
|HCSW 1107||Cognitive and Mental Health Challenges||3|
|HCSW 1108||Applied Practice Experiences 2||6.75|
|HCSW 1109||Applied Practice Experiences 3||3.75|