Health Challenges 2
Challenges to Health and Healing
- Developmental Health Challenges
- The experience of chronic illness and disability
- Multi-organ diseases (cancer, AIDS)
Critical thinking and problem-solving when caring for individuals experiencing common health challenges in community, assisted living, and acute care settings.
Nutrition and healing in the non-residential client
Group discussion/group activities
May include other methods (e.g. guest speakers, role play, etc.)
Course evaluation is consistent with Douglas College course evaluation policy. An evaluation schedule is presented at the beginning of the course.
This is a graded course. A minimum mark of 65% is necessary to be successful in the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Display a sound understanding of common challenges to health and healing.
- Discuss the experience of chronic illness and implications for care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the components of person-centered end-of-life care for clients/residents and families.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving when caring for individuals experiencing health challenges in the community and assisted living settings:
- Demonstrate an understanding of nutrition and healing in the non-residential client:
- Discuss safety in home and community settings:
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students:
A list of recommended textbooks and materials is provided to students at the beginning of the semester.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for HCSW 1106|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|
HCSW 1106 001 - This course is restricted to the Health Care Access Program - Health Care Assistant Pathway.
Registration in this course provides registrants with a 'time conflict' error. This error can be disregarded for this course as it is due to a required room booking overlap.