Applied Community Studies
Classroom & Community Support
Classroom & Comm Support Cert.
Date of First Offering
Certificate in Classroom and Community Support
Length of Program
- General College Admission Requirements.
- Provide evidence of completion of at least 60 hours of supervised work (paid or volunteer) in a department-related setting. Applicants will be mailed a verification of volunteer/work experience form after they have applied to the program. Forms are to be completed by the applicant's direct supervisor.
- Two additional professional reference letters attesting to the applicant's suitability to the program.
- A current resume.
- A letter of intent from the applicant, stating the reasons for choosing the program, long and short term goals, and the applicant's related strengths and limitations.
- Successfully participate in a formal orientation and selection process to determine suitability and readiness for training. Suitability is determined on the basis of an overview of an applicant's emotional stability, physical health, formal education, the ability to work in a team setting and life experience.
- A Criminal Record Check (information will be provided by the Office of the Registrar).
- A completed medical suitability form.
|CFCS 1110||Introduction to Community||3|
|CCSD 1121||Personal and Professional Development||1.5|
|CFCS 1130||Change and Development: Lifespan||3|
|CCSD 1140||Introduction to Practice||3|
|CCSD 1150||Teaching and Learning: Foundations||3|
|CCSD 1170||Exploring Exceptionalities||1.5|
|CCSD 1220||Working with Others||3|
|CCSD 1250||Teaching and Learning: Adaptations and Modifications||3|
|CCSD 1260||Alternative and Augmentative Communication||3|
|CCSD 1270||Perspectives on Disability||1.5|
|CCSD 1240||Practicum I||4.5|
|CCSD 2230||Support Across the Lifespan||3|
|CCSD 2334||Supporting Families||1.5|
|CCSD 2335||Person-Centered Thinking and Accountability||1.5|
|CCSD 2350||Teaching and Learning: Positive Behaviour Supports||3|
|CCSD 2370||Personal Assistance||1.5|
|CCSD 2340||Practicum II||4.5|