Lecture: 2 Hours
Seminar: 2 Hours
Total: 4 Hours
This course will be studied through lectures, videos, case studies, workshops, guest lecturers, group discussions, computer applications and industry related projects.
- Study the evolution of tools utilized in digital advertising and promotions.
- Review current trends in digital advertising and promotions – these include social media, email, content and search engine optimization marketing.
- Assess dashboard tools to measure campaign results and how to connect with the audience.
- Practice copywriting skills for effective digital promotions and advertising. Recognize the difference between advertising and promotions directed at business to business and business to consumer markets.
- Examine design concepts for digital advertising and promotions.
- Examine the evolution of the digital tools and how they impact business and communication goals along with client engagement.
- Apply different tools in the owned, paid, and earned spaces of digital promotions.
- Analyze the effectiveness of your competitors and companies social and digital promotions.
- Discover current trends in Search Engine Optimization, Social Media, Video, Digital Marketing, and how these relate to digital promotions.
- Use the latest digital tools in an effective manner as they relate to impacting business, communication goals, and client engagement.
- Identify the many promotional techniques for social media, email, content, and SEO marketing.
- Apply PR techniques to digital promotions.
Class Participation 5-10%
Assignments and/or Case Presentations 15-30%
Midterm examination 20-25%
Term Project 25-40%
Final Exam 20-30%
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE ALL COMPONENTS OF THE COURSE AND ACHIEVE A MINIMUM AVERAGE GRADE OF AT LEAST 50 PERCENT ON THEIR TOTAL NON-GROUP EVALUATIONS TO OBTAIN CREDIT FOR THE COURSE.
McStay, A. Digital Advertising. Palgrave Macmillian. Latest edition or equivalent as approved by the Department.
Scott. D. The New Rules of Marketing & PR. Wiley. Latest edition or equivalent as approved by the Department.