Passionate about new technology and looking for a job-ready credential to boost your appeal to employers? The Post-Degree Diploma in Emerging Technology will get you started on your path to a career in the IT world.
Build on your background in computer science with courses that give you applied, hands-on learning with the latest technologies. In this intensive, one-year program, you’ll gain the specialized technical skills in networking, mobile application development and cloud infrastructure you need to jump-start your career as a computer programmer, web designer and developer, user support technician, mobile software developer, interactive media developer and more.
Excellent job prospects
The IT industry is rapidly expanding, with about 7,000 technology companies in British Columbia and 182,000 job openings expected in Canada by 2019.
Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
- Applicants must have either:
- taken at least one programming course and one other technology related course OR
- completed the PDD-ICT program at Douglas College.
You can get an average cost for your program - tuition and student fees, books, uniforms, lab fees etc - on the Program Cost page.
Only programs approved for student loan funding are listed on the Program Cost page. For all other programs, refer to the Tuition Fee page.
Program Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this program and do not see a listing for the starting semester/year of the program, consider the previous version as the applicable version.