Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
This program is intended for students with degrees in areas other than Business. Applicants whose undergraduate degree is in business administration should look at the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting program to determine if this is a more suitable program.
- Successful completion of 30 credits
- 50% (15 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- 3 courses (9 credits) of upper level (3000/4000) courses must be completed at Douglas College in the Accounting department
- Courses used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits
- A minimum program GPA of 2.00 is required Must be in good academic standing.
- Time limit to complete the program graduation requirements: 4 years. Any courses completed outside of that time limit will not be usable. Students may seek the permission of the Department/Program to complete a credential outside the approved time limits.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|Select one option from the following two options:|
Principles of Introductory Financial Accounting I and II
ACCT 1110 and
Principles of Accounting I and
Principles of Accounting II
|Select one course from the following two courses:|
Introduction to Statistics
|ACCT 2320||Introductory Managerial Accounting||3.00|
||Intermediate Accounting I||3.00|
||Intermediate Accounting II||3.00|
|ACCT 3880||Data Analytics for Managers||3.00|
|ECON 1150||Principles of Micro Economics||3.00|
|ECON 1250||Principles of Macro Economics||3.00|
|BUSN 3431||Business Statistics II||3.00|
|Elective||Open elective at the 3000/4000 level||3.00|
1Taking ACCT 1110 and ACCT 1210 instead of ACCT 1235 requires successful completion of 33 credits for graduation.
Students contemplating completing Accounting designations (namely CPA, ACCA, CAFM) should refer to current information released by the respective professional body for minimum grade requirements for each course.