Commerce & Business Administration
Accounting Studies PDD
Date of First Offering
Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting Studies
Length of Program
Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
This program is intended for students with degrees in areas other than Business. Applicants whose undergraduate degree is in business administration should look at the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting program to determine if this is a more suitable program.
- Successful completion of 30 credits
- 50% (15 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- 3 courses (9 credits) or upper level (3000/4000) courses must be completed at Douglas College in the Accounting department
- Courses used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits.
A minimum program GPA of 2.00 is required
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|Select one option from the following two options:|
Principles of Accounting I and II
ACCT 1110 and
Principles of Accounting I and
Principles of Accounting II
|Select one course from the following two courses:|
Business Statistics I
Introduction to Statistics
|ACCT 2320||Introductory Management Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 33102||Intermediate Accounting I||3.00|
|ACCT 34102||Intermediate Accounting II||3.00|
|ACCT 3880||Data Analytics for Managers||3.00|
|ECON 1150||Principles of Micro Economics||3.00|
|ECON 1250||Principles of Macro Economics||3.00|
|BUSN 3431||Business Statistics II||3.00|
|Elective||Open elective at the 3000/4000 level||3.00|
1Taking ACCT 1110 and ACCT 1210 instead of ACCT 1235 requires successful completion of 33 credits for graduation.
2For ACCT 3310 and ACCT 3410 a minimum grade of "C" is required.