Professional Services Marketing
This course is not active. Please contact Department Chair for more information.
- The concept of services marketing as it applies to professional services firms
- Understanding and valuing the various sectors or ‘verticals’ that represent the customer base for professional services
- Designing marketing and sales programs tailored to the target customers in the various ‘verticals’
- Integrating advertising, sales promotions, public relations, direct marketing and personal selling for effective marketing of professional services
- Understanding regulations, ethics and social responsibilities of the professional services sector
- Managing, defining and measuring customer satisfaction
- Understanding the various tools and resources available to comprehend, evaluate, and manage customer relations
- The process of delivering professional services effectively and efficiently
- Managing the professional service firm’s physical presence and brand image
- The importance of an informative website
- People issues: managing the professional firms' marketing and sales staff, as well as the partnerships
- Service issues and remedial strategies
- Customer acquisition and retention strategies: exceeding customer expectations
- Professional services marketing planning: putting all of the elements together for seamless service
The course will involve a blend of lectures, discussions, videos, cases, on-line activities, guest speakers and seminars. Presentations by students are an integral part of the course.
|Cases & Presentations (2-4)||20%|
|Tests (2 x 10%)||20%|
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE ALL COMPONENTS OF THE COURSE TO OBTAIN CREDIT FOR THE COURSE.
At the end of the course, the successful student should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the key concepts and the nature of professional services marketing
- explain the importance and the challenges involved when marketing professional services
- demonstrate an understanding of the business environment of professional services firms
- design marketing research, customer analysis, loyalty, acquisition and retention, and promotion initiatives for the professional services sector
- develop strategies and tactics for effective marketing in the professional services industry
- create a set of relevant metrics for measuring the marketing progress and success in organizations
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students
Maister, David H.; Managing the Professional Service Firm Latest Edition The Free Press (or equivalent materials)
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for MARK 3470|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|