Why Study English?
There are many reasons to study English at Douglas College:
- To improve your reading, writing, and critical thinking skills
- To explore the many worlds imagined by literature
- To fulfill Douglas College program requirements
- To obtain the credits required to transfer to university
- To complete an Associate of Arts with a specialization in English
Associate of Arts
Providing students with the first 60 credits of an undergraduate degree, the Associate of Arts degree with a specialization in English allows for block transfer into third year at a variety of institutions.
Ways to Study
In addition to offering the English Associates of Arts degree, the department also supports dual admission with SFU and participates in a three-year degree completion program with the University of Wales Trinity Saint David in the United Kingdom.
Want More Information?
For information about admission requirements, courses, intake dates, and more, visit the Program and Course Catalogue.Read More