The Trades Management Concentration is only available for students enrolled in the BBA Management program. Applicants must have the following admission requirements:
- Obtained a provincial or interprovincial trade certificate of qualification in a trade AND
- Completed, in the last ten years, a minimum of 4000 hours of:
- Trades training (i.e., knowledge and/or skills education in a classroom or workshop setting) in the trade for which they hold the certificate of qualification or
- Work experience in the trade for which they hold the certificate or
- A combination of trades training (i.e., knowledge and/or skills education in a classroom or workshop setting) and work experience in the trade for which they
hold the certificate.
All students wanting to pursue this concentration must:
- First, be admitted to the BBA Management program, and
- Next, declare this concentration by submitting a Program Declaration form to the Registrar's Office along with evidence of the admissions requirements listed above.
Concentration in Trades Management:
- This concentration is only available for students enrolled in the BBA Management program.
- Students seeking a BBA Management with a Concentration in Trades Management, who meet the admissions criteria, will receive the following credits for their work experience and/or prior training:
- Up to 9 lower level credits towards the Trades Management Concentration and;
- 39 credits towards the BBA "Open Electives" requirements (24 lower level credits and 15 upper level credits).
- Concentrations are not noted on the credential but will be noted on the transcript.
- To obtain a BBA in Management, students admitted to the Trades Management Concentration must ensure that they take all required courses included in the BBA Management program.
Remaining Course Requirements for This Concentration:
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
CBA Electives (see notes)
Four upper level courses (3000-4000 level) from ACCT, BUSN, CSIS, COBA, ECON, FINC, HOSP or MARK
1. For those students interested in receiving a finance- or management-related industry credential, the following Management Concentrations meet the training requirements for industry credentials and the courses in them would also satisfy the CBA elective requirement for this concentration. Please note that some of the training requirements for these credentials would require more than 12 credits. Credits over and above the 12 required upper level credits for this concentration would not be applied to this credential or the BBA in Management:
- Financial Services Management (minimum 18 credits)
- Human Resource Management (minimum 18 credits)
- International Business Management (minimum 12 credits)
- Project Management (minimum 3 credits for entry-level credential / 12 credits for most common credential)
- Supply Chain Management (minimum 12 credits)
2. Students interested in other areas, such as accounting, business law, computing studies, or economics, or in breadth in their studies can explore other courses and program offerings in Commerce and Business Administration in the Douglas College catalogue.