Introducing: Douglas College Café
Douglas College Café is your exclusive networking and mentoring platform. By taking just 1 hour every 1-3 months to meet someone new from Douglas College, alumni, students, and industry partners create an opportunity to learn, share, and answer questions. Members of the Café have a chance to accelerate their careers, share the knowledge of local and global peers, and develop the critical skills sought by companies across all industries – all while diversifying their networks
- You’ll receive monthly introductions each year to a fellow student or alumni or industry partner based on your career interests and goals
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to continuous learning and career advancement
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your preferred inbox, schedule a time, and get an invite directly to your Gmail/Outlook
Join this network to:
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available with your degree
- Develop your networking and communications skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of Douglas College alumni and industry partners based on their industry and interests
Join this network to:
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of other Douglas College alumni, industry partners and faculty based on your industry and interests
Whether you are a student, a graduate or an industry partner, you have access to receive support, valuable life and career advice. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, the time to build your network is now. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, speaking, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
Powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, the Douglas College Café is an exclusive networking and mentoring platform that introduces you to alumni, students and industry partners based on specific career interests and goals. You can schedule and set up a coffee chat in-person or online.