The Trades Management Concentration is only available for students enrolled in the BBA Management program. Applicants must have the following admission requirements:
- Obtained a provincial or interprovincial trade certificate of qualification in a trade AND
- Completed, in the last ten years, a minimum of 4000 hours of:
- Trades training (i.e., knowledge and/or skills education in a classroom or workshop setting) in the trade for which they hold the certificate of qualification or
- Work experience in the trade for which they hold the certificate or
- A combination of trades training (i.e., knowledge and/or skills education in a classroom or workshop setting) and work experience in the trade for which they
hold the certificate.
NOTE: Students wanting the Trades Management Concentration can apply for admissions into the Trades Management Concentration upon entering Douglas College or once they have completed the 4000-hour requirement (i.e., in the case that the 4000 hours are not completed upon their admittance to Douglas College).
Concentration in Trades Management:
- This concentration is only available for students enrolled in the BBA Management program.
- Students seeking a BBA Management with a Concentration in Trades Management, who meet the admissions criteria, will receive the following credits for their work experience and/or prior training:
- Up to 9 lower level credits towards the Trades Management Concentration and;
- 39 credits towards the BBA "open electives" requirements (24 lower level credits and 15 upper level credits).
- Concentrations are not noted on the credential but will be noted on the transcript.
- To obtain a BBA in Management, students admitted to the Trades Management Concentration must ensure that they take all other required courses included in the BBA Management program.