To provide students with the necessary skills to find and retain a position in warehousing and distribution centres. This course concentrates on developing job search skills.
- Demonstrate basic level of computer skills for resume and cover letter writing.
- Demonstrate basic level of Internet skills for online job search.
- Prepare and practice successful interviewing techniques.
- Describe and demonstrate the work attitudes and ethics required by employers.
Methods Of Instruction
- Class discussions
- Lab practice
Means of Assessment
- A mastery model of continuous evaluations will be used.
- A student will have completed the course when he/she has demonstrated through satisfactory completion of exercises and assignments that the course objectives have been achieved.
- The student must demonstrate to the instructor an ability to use the computer both to produce a professional resume and to seek job opportunities by means of the Internet.
- The instructor in consultation with each student will monitor progress on a regular basis.
- The student will be expected to maintain regular attendance and progress, actively participate in all activities, and complete all assignments as directed.
- The student must demonstrate to the instructor an understanding of what constitutes positive work attitudes and ethics.
- The student must demonstrate, by way of mock interview, an ability to conduct a professional interview.
- Construct resumes and cover letters and upload resumes to submit a job application online.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategies needed to conduct an Internet job search.
- Prepare and practice responses to communication skills for interviews.
- Define and demonstrate good workplace habits, positive attitudes, and ethical behaviours.
Nil. Topic relevant material will be provided throughout the course.