The course will involve a blend of lectures, discussions, videos, cases, on-line activities, and seminars. Presentations by students are an integral part of the course.
- The concept of services marketing, and services marketing as it applies to financial institutions
- Understanding and valuing the financial services customer as a key to organizational success
- Designing products and services tailored to the target customers, respecting their risk profile and their needs
- Integrating advertising, sales promotions, public relations and personal selling for effective marketing
- Understanding regulations, ethics and social responsibilities.
- Managing, defining and measuring customer satisfaction.
- Understanding the variety of tools and resources available to comprehend, evaluate, and manage customer relations
- The process of delivering financial services effectively and efficiently
- Managing the financial institution's physical presence
- The challenge of stellar website and technology design
- People issues: managing financial institution marketing and sales staff
- Service issues and remedial strategies
- Customer acquisition and retention strategies: exceeding customer expectations
- Financial services marketing planning: putting all of the elements together for seamless service
At the end of the course, the successful student should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the key concepts and the nature of financial services marketing
- explain the importance and the challenges involved in marketing in financial institutions
- demonstrate an understanding of consumer lifestyle and lifestage in the development of products and services
- design marketing research, customer analysis, loyalty, acquisition and retention, and promotion initiatives for the financial services sector
- create a set of relevant metrics for measuring marketing and corporate progress
- utilize industry standard software to analyze marketing data and produce reports and presentations
- develop strategies and tactics for effective marketing in the financial services industry
|Projects, Cases & Presentations||50%|
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE ALL COMPONENTS OF THE COURSE TO OBTAIN CREDIT FOR THE COURSE.
To be determined