The functional and communicative approach will be used.
Classroom activities include: presentation of material by the instructor, practice in pairs, listening comprehension, audio-visual presentations, and conversation in small groups with a Native Language Assistant.
It is aimed at developing further basic oral and written communication skills through the study of vocabulary, grammar, and culture.
- Basic syntactic structures
- Basic lexicon
- The phonological system of German
- Some aspects of the culture of German-speaking countries
The student will be expected to demonstrate proficiency in German (present and present perfect tenses) at the basic level in:
- Aural comprehension of simple discourse in two tenses.
- Reading comprehension of simplified texts.
- Speech delivery: express feelings and reactions and narrate in the past.
- Written expression: guided composition.
- Understanding target cultures.
(May include but not limited to writing and reading exercises, chapter tests, paragraph writing, written homework, preparation, Final Written Exam)
(May include but not limited to oral tests, oral presentations, listening comprehension, conversation lab, attendance, preparation, class participation, Final Oral Exam)
No single evaluation will be worth more than 20%.
Terrell, et al. Kontakte: A Communicative Approach. McGraw-Hill.