HIM Practicum II
In this course the learner will:
- Examine the organizational structure of the selected health organization
- Examine the site requirements, policies and procedures pertinent to a health information management project
- Identify the data sources and other resources needed to complete the project
- Determine an appropriate study design to complete the project
- Determine an appropriate methodology to complete the project
- Apply the requisite data analytics to complete the project (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive)
- Comprehend and apply the process of moving from data to insight using data visualization
Students will learn research principles and processes through experiential learning and independent study.
Assessment is consistent with the Douglas College Evaluation Policy. An evaluation schedule is presented at the beginning of the course. This is a mastery-graded course. All assignments must be completed to pass the course.
Upon completion of the course, successful learners will be able to:
- Apply knowledge in a practical workplace setting
- Practice health information management principles
- Establish working relationships with various healthcare professionals
- Design a health information management project in collaboration with site and college supervisors
- Identify appropriate resources and data required to complete a project
- Demonstrate requisite knowledge and competencies
- Construct a major health information management project
A list of required and optional textbooks, materials and electronic applications is provided for students at the beginning of each semester.
Students in the PBD-HIM program are required to maintain a passing grade of 65% (C+) in all courses in order to progress in the program.
No equivalent courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
These are for current course guidelines only. For a full list of archived courses please see https://www.bctransferguide.ca
|Institution||Transfer Details for HIMP 4500|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|